Translate

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

"There is nothing new under the sun."


I haven't written for a while. Gobsmacked by 2013 being the biggest reason, and speechless because ...

Apart from Vampires (of some sort : ?), The Secret Seven (I kid you not) and AdSense-watch (?) I didn't think anyone was missing my four cents worth of comment on the world and ...  

However, a few sweet souls are asking for my blogs.  Bless your hearts.

I am imminently free again to sit here and think of things to blab on about. Being as I am no authority, a verifiable citizen in the land of fairies, off the wall and illogical, I did question my egotistical silliness.  I am way too old to think that I can change the world.

So, I will continue, for the few sweet souls.  About what, I don't know.  I have given up the illustrious thought that there are leaders in the world that can save us from the chaos we find ourselves in.  "My faith is in You, Lord."

Everything up to now has been a theory. We have had enough time to test these.  We are lucky if things are moving along with manageable chaos.  For this we are thankful.

I was reminded yesterday that every age has had its moment where society decided that things could certainly not become worse than they were then, and yet, illustrious Man has found ways to increase chaos, seemingly for no good reason.  

Ecclesiastes Chapter One. There is nothing new under the sun, it is written and further, with much wisdom comes sorrow and with more knowledge, grief.  On the surface that looks like ... However, the more clever I get, the more grief I find I experience.  So, I for one am not knocking it.

I also stopped writing because, after all, we have told every story there is.  The Bible tells us everything, anyway.  What is the purpose of sprouting out more words unless one can uplift and inspire.  To inspire one needs to be inspired.   In 2013 I found inspiration hard to come by.  It was a bristle filled year.

Even the publishers of stories agree, I am presuming.  They are no longer all that interested in our stories (fiction) anymore and have it is suggested (on some page on the Internet) that self-help books by super experts will have a platform in the coming days.  I'm not one of those.  An expert.  A self-helper, yes, but not an expert.

My plans for the future include reading, as always, drawing pictures and gardening, gardening, gardening.   One can expect to read about my advances and failures in these areas.  So don't get your hopes up. 

I write because I have time, not because I think I know anything.  I am not alone in this.  I might only be alone in saying that all this is just my thought for the day.  Tomorrow I might think something entirely different.  As long as this is still legal and doesn't threaten those who watch us, even for our metaphors, (and they certainly do) I will no doubt continue. 

However, don't dismiss too easily that which I share with you.  Think on it.  Treat thoughts like I treat seeds I buy.  Bear in mind that I bought what I thought was cabbages (I'm sure the packet said it was cabbages) but what grew were leaves of cauliflower plants and cauliflowers did not emerge.  We fed the snails, which is a good thing, I would say, if nothing else.  Green is good in the garden. 

One thing intended might lead to another thing entirely.

I have come to believe that all I have the power to do is to take care of my own soul and on the path suggest you do the same.  How, and if, you think it is worth the time and trouble is up to you.

Light and Love my lovelies.






No comments: